Want to know what happened to OneDrive in March of 2019? Well read on to learn how your experience is getting better each and every week!
We had some great improvements come to the product this month including:
- Per Machine Sync Client preview
- Live Captions & Subtitles in PowerPoint
- A new OneDrive personalized provisioning flow
- A script to check Known Folder Move status in your organization
This month’s topics:
– Microsoft Teams improvements [0:48]
– Outlook on the web and LinkedIn [2:48]
– Microsoft Forms and Stream [3:38]
– Microsoft Stream and PowerPoint [4:36]
– Yammer conversations web part [5:12]
– Privacy and compliance updates [6:22]
– OneDrive Files On-Demand [8:02]
– SharePoint Migration Tool [8:51]
We are excited to announce the following page enhancements (screenshots + links to learn more below):
- Customize title region | control what the title region of each page looks like (layout, alignment, title, date).
- Section backgrounds | display as distinct sections with visual variety throughout the page.
- Custom page thumbnails | Choose a preferred thumbnail from Page details.
- Custom page descriptions | Create a custom description from Page details.
- FYI: removal of the Feedback button | removing the product Feedback button from the site footer of all SharePoint home and modern site pages.
Managed Metadata Service support
If you have an existing taxonomy in SharePoint Server 2013, the SharePoint Migration Tool can now migrate your content types and term stores to Office 365. Global term store migration requires global tenant admin permissions.
Web Parts Support, Site Navigation, and more…
The SharePoint Migration Tool has continuously improved to support more complex migration requirements. From a humble beginning of accelerating files migration to incremental improvements leading up to complete SharePoint 2013 site migrations. Now using the SharePoint Migration Tool you can migrate just about every element of SharePoint sites that you care most about including Web Parts, Pages, and site navigation!